Sunday, June 27, 2010

Pretty in purple


I made another shawlette with a mohair blend yarn. I meant to save it for Morgan's birthday but I couldn't wait, and I gave it to her last week. (: This is the third one I have made(link on right). The bind-off has always been a problem, either too loose or too tight, never quite right. I went searching for a different bind-off and found a gorgeous one, perfect for this project.

Wool Enough, and Time blog has several types of bind-offs. The one I used was refered to as the Russian cast-off. It is loose, lacey, stretchy, and ruffley. Just perfect for the shawlette.

Russian Cast-Off: Purl 2. Move the 2 stitches from the right needle to the left. Purl the 2 stiches you just moved together. Now you have one stitch on the right. Purl 1 move the two stitches to the left, purl 2 together. Repeat. HINT: Put the left needle through the back of the right sets up for the next thing.

2 comments:

Project Journal said...

That is SO pretty, Mrs. Haynes!! I'm totally loving the purple

: D

We still need to get your blogger award up sometime! It's really not hard....

Can't wait for lunch!
Hannah

Morgan said...

I love my scarf mom, thank you! I'm looking forward to cooler temps so I can wear it more often!