Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What have I been doing?

My sister told me "if you don't start putting some new stuff on your blog I'm going to stop checking it out." She's right. I have been knitting and not posting. Let's start with this beautiful scarf. I made one for a friend and loved it so much I made one for myself.

The pattern is Fiber Trends "Versatile Scarves" AC-32. It is has three different designs and written for three different weight yarns. I made the Basic Garter Stitch Scarf with one skein of Giselle from Classic Elite Yarns. It is a mohair, wool, and nylon blend purchased at Whippletree Yarn Shop in Woodstock, VT. I used a size 8 needle.

I find this pattern a close substitute for the Shawlette Pattern. I love the Shawlette Pattern, but it requires increases after a certain number of rows. I have a difficult time counting the rows so I tally each row, and that takes time. With the Fiber Trends scarf you increase every row. Easy! (Don's paintings in the background.)

No comments: