Wednesday, February 24, 2010


I made Taylor these cute red and white socks. She loves the color twist of yarn, it looks like bakery string. So cute! I used the Yankee Knitter pattern but made it with an inset heel. The yarn is Encore, worsted weight, size 5 needle. It makes a bulky sock, comfy for a chilly Saturday curled up with some tea or hot chocolate. I bought the yarn at White River Yarn Shop in White River Junction.

I learned the set in heel technique at a sock heel workshop at Country Woolens in Lebanon. I am going to another workshop this weekend to learn a different heel technique.

2 comments:

Project Journal said...

Have lots of fun and let us know how it goes!!
Hannah

Project Journal said...

Not sure if/when you'll get this, but I gave you a blog award over on my blog!! YAY!!! Come on over and grab it whenever you have time : )
Congrats!
Hannah