Saturday, February 20, 2010

Mobius scarf

The pattern required only 2 skeins of yarn (each skein of yarn I used is 137 yards, the pattern says 150 yards) held together. The dark color toned down the brightness of the red/fuchsia color. I bought the yarn in Woodstock at Whippletree Yarn Shop. It is Hacho Yarn, DK weight, 100% merino wool. I used size 10.5 (40" circular) needle (the pattern called for #11). I wanted a neckwarmer fit so I made the S/M size with 70 stitch mobius cast on. For great cast on and knitting instructions see Cat Bordhi on You Tube, link on the right.

So here is the finished scarf. I love it! Cozy and warm. Can't wait to knit another one a little bigger for a drapier look. The pattern came from Ravelry: "Easy Mobius Cowl" Here is the link: www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/easy-mobius-cowl

1 comment:

Project Journal said...

I see what you mean....very nice!!!

*wink*

Let us know how the next turns out,
Hannah