Sunday, October 28, 2012

Something for me

With short hair it means I wear a hat -- a lot. It is easy in the winter to have fluffy, wooly, floppy, fuzzy, nubby, ribby hats(s). But they look pretty silly in the spring and fall. And my head is pretty cold if I don't wear one. Solution?? Ravelry to the rescue. Found this cute slouch hat pattern. I used Reynolds Saucy -- 100% cotton, worsted weight. I don't think they make it any more. Luckily I had (and still have) some in my stash.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lace-ribbon-slouch-hat

I had my usual SSK problem. Do you slip knit wise or purl wise? I thought I knew but guessed wrong. I did not rip it out but I learned my lesson: look up SSK and which way to slip!

I recommend you count after your pattern rows to keep your unknitting to a minimum. This pattern also has a lot of yarn overs in it and if you miss one it will really mess you up.


No comments: