Sunday, January 27, 2013

Love self striping yarn

I have done a lot of knitting but not a lot of blogging. I found this great yarn in my stash and made Morgan a pair of socks using my old standby Yankee Knitter sock pattern. If you don't have it -- invest in one. The pattern is for baby, child, women, and men and includes directions for finger, sport, and worsted weight yarn. After you buy the patten make a copy (or copies) and circle or highlight the numbers you need.


I sometime struggle with "pick-up and knit" usually getting some gaps I am not happy with. I have tried a new technique using an extra needle to pick up the stitch then knitting through the back of the loop I picked up. This puts a twist in the yarn and takes up the slack I sometimes get in the picked up stitches. I like the result.


No comments: