Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Button on scarf


I went with my sister and niece to the new yarn shop in Rutland, VT. Yeah! Finally! Rutland has been without for a long time. It is called Green Mountain Fibers, 259 Woodstock Ave., Rutland. That translates to: Rt 4 east (heading towards Killington) on the left before you get to Home Depot. Very nice shop.

They had a wonderful sample scarf that I just had to try. The pattern (which they very nicely gave me) is called “Tudora” from knitty.com.

http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter07/PATTtudora.html

I purchased one skein of Debbie Bliss Donegal Aran Tweed, 100% wool, 50 grams. I had about two yards left, that was close! I made six cables, nervous that every row would be my last. When I was done I was not sure I liked it, it seemed too tight, so I ironed it to stretch it. BIG MISTAKE! It made the scarf too droopy and now I am trying to shrink it up a bit. So don’t iron it until you have worn it. I found a cute vintage button in my now small stash but I am struggling with the button placement.

With all that said, I love it and want to make another one.