Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Cable Hat


The newest hat! I used Plymouth Yarn Dreambaby DK. It worked up nicely. Parts of the directions were a little unclear to me. Here are a few notes:
--Might want to leave a long cast on tail and use it to sew the back seam
--I bound off the 41 stitches on the "brim" in purl
--I used a circular needle to hold all the stitches for the neck band and chin straps. I felt like I was in the wrong direction and the circular needle helped to reorient the knitting.

I also had problems with the button hole, the directions were unclear to me. After lots of looking and research I made the button hole (it is made on the 10 stitches on the longer chin strap) as follows:
ROW 1: K1, P1, K1, K2tog, YO, K2tog, P1, K1, P1
Knit 2 or 3 more rows following the K1, P1 pattern (there will only be 9 stitches)
Bind off
Link to cable hat